Agincourt and Ireagh Bulk Water Supply – B22
Client: Bushbuckridge Local Municipality
Location: Agincourt, Ireagh, Newington A, B &C
Project Values: Reservoirs: R 15 254 598 – 77
Pipelines: R 23 712 227 – 38
Total Project Value: R38 966 826 – 15
Duration: Reservoirs: January 2013 to December 2013
Pipelines: March 2012 to September 2013
Role: Technical reports, Designs, Site supervision and monitoring, quality control and project Management
- Construction of 9.6km of Ductile Iron pipeline, 450mm diameter, 250mm diameter, 150mm
diameter and 100mm diameter. Project Complete.
Contractor: Loge and Wisenelly JV
- Construction of five (5) new reservoirs as follows:
- 1Ml concrete reservoir and installation of a booster pump in Agincourt
- 4Ml concrete reservoir in Agincourt Low cost housing area
- 200Kl concrete reservoir in Newington A
- 200Kl elevated steel tank in Newington B
- 200Kl concrete reservoir in Newington C
- 400Kl concrete reservoir in Ireagh
NB. The Contractor was terminated due to poor quality, planning and lack of progress on site.
By the time of his termination the Contractor had only done 18% of works with 66 % time elapsed.
The Contractor only managed to complete layer works and blinding in all reservoirs.
Contractor: Tsoshanang Training Center
- Project Engineer / Manager : EA Nyambi
- Design Engineer : EA Nyambi/ P Magodi
- Resident Engineer : TC Mbedzi
- Assistance Resident Engineer : FV Mulaudzi